The UUCNC Executive Board recently met with Rev. Sally Hamlin. They revised the COVID policy, discussed the new sign planned for the front lawn and a process to invite questions/comments, and authorized repairs to the meetinghouse roof. They appointed Bobbie Colt and Val Colt as UUCNC’s delegates to the NYS Convention of Universalists annual meeting; Rev. Sally Hamlin will also attend.
They approved two fundraisers: a November/December Dips & Spreads Sale at the Fredonia Winter Farmers’ Market and a Vegan Dinner in February. They heard a report on two UU the Vote initiatives planned by the Green Sanctuary Startup Team. They heard about the need for more technology volunteers to help produce dual-platform worship services.
The board expressed thanks for the work done to clean up the gardens and grounds, and especially to Mitch Cummings, who worked on the steps and railing from the parking lot.
Upcoming Executive Board meetings are listed on the Calendar page under the News & Events tab above. Members of the congregation are welcome to come before the Board to discuss an issue or to bring a proposal, in writing, and may send information or proposals to the Board Secretary.
About the Executive Board
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northern Chautauqua is served by an Executive Board of six voting members. The Executive Board has general charge of the property of the congregation and the conduct of all of its business affairs and the control of its administration, including the appointment of committees.
Each year at the annual meeting in May or June, voting members of the congregation elect three members of the Executive Board:
- A Vice-President (who becomes President the following year), a Secretary and one Member-at-Large are elected for two-year terms that begin in odd numbered years (e.g. July 1, 2023).
- A Vice-President (who becomes President the following year), a Treasurer and one other Member-at-Large are elected for two-year terms that begin in even number years (e.g. July 1, 2024).
The Executive Board holds regular monthly meetings. Special meetings shall be held at the call of the President, or upon written request of three members of the Board.
All officers and board members shall:
- Attend board meetings and be prepared for meetings by reviewing the minutes and reports when received, reviewing the agenda when received, and doing assigned tasks before the next meeting.
- Be as regular in Sunday worship service attendance as possible.
- Be attentive to newcomers.
- Facilitate communication between UUCNC members and the board.
- Keep informed of UU issues and activities.
- Represent UUCNC members at board meetings.
- Use their talents, gifts, and abilities, to the best of their ability, to further the well-being of the UUCNC and its members.
- Keep growing in the Unitarian Universalist faith.
Responsibilities of each officer or member of the Executive Board are detailed on the document, UUCNC Executive Board Responsibilities.