News & Events
Consult our online calendar tinyurl.com/caluucnc for upcoming events.
If you missed the November 23 Vespers service, you can still experience it here: https://youtu.be/w5qwDjV33kA
Also, visit the online calendar for the Zoom link for another Vespers service on Tuesday, December 14, 6:30 PM.
Vespers, also known as Eventide, or Evenstar, are short services held around sunset. In the Unitarian Universalist tradition, it is customary for a vespers service to last 20-30 minutes. Musical offerings, or hymns, interspersed with periods of silence, prayer, readings, or meditation and reflection are common components of these twilight services.
As we welcome the colder and darker season of winter, make time for this quiet reflective time. Please join us, virtually via Zoom!
Coming in January: Book group
A new book study group co-led by Rev. Sally Hamlin and Janey Wagner is starting in 2022, using the book Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day, by Jay Shetty.
Beginning in mid-January, we will meet virtually twice per month, January through March, to read, reflect and grow together spiritually using this wise, yet practical book. Meetings will be held at a time when most interested participants can attend.
Register for this course or send inquiries using the Contact Us form at the tab above, and your message will be relayed. Watch for more information here and in the January newsletter.
In the meantime, the book is available at many libraries, and used copies may be found through various online booksellers.
Thanksgiving food drive
Thanks to all who donated non-perishable food items for Thanksgiving food baskets that were distributed to our neighbors in need by the Chautauqua County Rural Ministry.
Chautauqua County Rural Ministry is an inter-faith human service agency. For over five decades, the CCRM has provided the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter to the less fortunate and those in crisis situations. CCRM currently operates 14 programs, including:
- The Friendly Kitchen, providing hot, nutritious meals 70 times each week
- Emergency Food Pantry, providing monthly food distribution to needy families
- Cooking and Nutrition Workshops to promote healthy eating
- Holiday Programs, providing all the ingredients for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals
- The Garment Gallery, providing gently used household items and clothing at low cost
- Supervised Visitation/Parenting Time in partnership with Chautauqua County, created for children in foster care to meet with their parents in a safe and appropriate environment
Learn more at www.theccrm.org