The UUCNC Executive Board recently met via Zoom with Rev. George Buchanan. They
- recognized the addition of Bill Moran to the Leadership Development Committee;
- heard a report from members of the Ministerial Search team on their ongoing process in preparation for Rev. Buchanan’s upcoming retirement;
- participated in a discussion, led by the LOFT 222 strategic planning team, on the upcoming vote to consider the proposed Vision 222 and Mission 222 statements, developed over the last few months using congregational input;
- heard a report from a Buildings & Grounds Committee co-chair on improvements being made to the building;
- reviewed recommendations from the Finance Committee regarding fundraising proposals and took action on those proposals; and
- discussed a chapter from the book, Congregational Leadership in Anxious Times, led by Rev. Buchanan.
Upcoming Executive Board meetings are listed on the Calendar page under the News & Events tab above. Members of the congregation are welcome to come before the Board to discuss an issue or to bring a proposal, in writing, and may send information or proposals to the Board Secretary.
About the Executive Board
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northern Chautauqua is served by an Executive Board of six voting members. The Executive Board has general charge of the property of the congregation and the conduct of all of its business affairs and the control of its administration, including the appointment of committees.
Each year at the annual meeting in May or June, voting members of the congregation elect three members of the Executive Board:
- A Vice-President (who becomes President the following year), a Secretary and one Member-at-Large are elected for two-year terms that begin in odd numbered years (e.g. July 1, 2019).
- A Vice-President (who becomes President the following year), a Treasurer and one other Member-at-Large are elected for two-year terms that begin in even number years (e.g. July 1, 2020).
The Executive Board holds regular monthly meetings. Special meetings shall be held at the call of the President, or upon written request of three members of the Board.
All officers and board members shall:
- Attend board meetings and be prepared for meetings by reviewing the minutes and reports when received, reviewing the agenda when received, and doing assigned tasks before the next meeting.
- Be as regular in Sunday worship service attendance as possible.
- Be attentive to newcomers.
- Facilitate communication between UUCNC members and the board.
- Keep informed of UU issues and activities.
- Represent UUCNC members at board meetings.
- Use their talents, gifts, and abilities, to the best of their ability, to further the well-being of the UUCNC and its members.
- Keep growing in the Unitarian Universalist faith.
Responsibilities of each officer or member of the Executive Board are detailed on the document, UUCNC Executive Board Responsibilities.