The UUCNC Executive Board recently met via Zoom with Rev. Sally Hamlin. Foremost in business was approval of in-person worship beginning with the Water Communion service on September 12, but with these conditions to be reviewed monthly: no singing and all persons in attendance masked. Other actions included these:
- Funds were approved to purchase equipment/technology for simultaneous live streaming of services.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee was given the go-ahead to finish projects by the September 12 deadline.
- The Board approved New Ministry Startup, a visionary jump-start for a congregation and its new minister with Rev. Renee Ruchotzke, our primary contact with the UUA’s Central East Region, and our new minister, Rev. Sally Hamlin. The objectives of the LOFT 222 strategic planning report could serve as the framework.
- It was approved to join the NYS Convention of Universalists and to send representatives to its fall meeting.
- The Board agreed to continue examining ideas for its public presence on Temple Street, including flags, poles, signage and the name of our building at 222 Temple St., Fredonia NY.
Upcoming Executive Board meetings are listed on the Calendar page under the News & Events tab above. Members of the congregation are welcome to come before the Board to discuss an issue or to bring a proposal, in writing, and may send information or proposals to the Board Secretary.
About the Executive Board
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northern Chautauqua is served by an Executive Board of six voting members. The Executive Board has general charge of the property of the congregation and the conduct of all of its business affairs and the control of its administration, including the appointment of committees.
Each year at the annual meeting in May or June, voting members of the congregation elect three members of the Executive Board:
- A Vice-President (who becomes President the following year), a Secretary and one Member-at-Large are elected for two-year terms that begin in odd numbered years (e.g. July 1, 2019).
- A Vice-President (who becomes President the following year), a Treasurer and one other Member-at-Large are elected for two-year terms that begin in even number years (e.g. July 1, 2020).
The Executive Board holds regular monthly meetings. Special meetings shall be held at the call of the President, or upon written request of three members of the Board.
All officers and board members shall:
- Attend board meetings and be prepared for meetings by reviewing the minutes and reports when received, reviewing the agenda when received, and doing assigned tasks before the next meeting.
- Be as regular in Sunday worship service attendance as possible.
- Be attentive to newcomers.
- Facilitate communication between UUCNC members and the board.
- Keep informed of UU issues and activities.
- Represent UUCNC members at board meetings.
- Use their talents, gifts, and abilities, to the best of their ability, to further the well-being of the UUCNC and its members.
- Keep growing in the Unitarian Universalist faith.
Responsibilities of each officer or member of the Executive Board are detailed on the document, UUCNC Executive Board Responsibilities.