UUCNC’s Executive Board has updated the COVID Policy and Reopening Plan, effective June 1. It will be in effect at least through the end of June. Please note, however, that this plan is subject to change if changing conditions warrant, based on UUA and CDC guidance and data reported at covidactnow.org.
We will worship in person on June 5 & 12 at the UUCNC meetinghouse (222 Temple St., Fredonia), with a Zoom option offered for those who are unable to attend in person or are more comfortable attending virtually. After June 12, we will be on hiatus for the summer, with the possibility of a special summer worship service. Small groups may also gather in the meetinghouse, as long as a Zoom option is also provided and other provisions of the revised policy/plan are met, including these:
- Being “fully vaccinated” and boosted is strongly encouraged but is not mandatory.
- For all phases of reopening for in-person gatherings, a way for people to participate virtually must be provided.
- Mask wearing in the building is strongly encouraged at all times.
- If you have recently tested positive, are not feeling well, or think you may have been recently exposed to the virus, you should contact your health care provider and attend virtually and not in person.
- Social distancing is encouraged in the building. Please ask permission before shaking hands or hugging other people.
For other details of the new policy, see the document linked above.